Jacob and Stephanie are a match made in Heaven! It was an honor and joy to be there for them on their wedding day. During college Jake followed in the footsteps of his cousin and started a DJ business (DJ Jake). Over the years we have worked together many times and have a ball every time. When Jake started bringing Stephanie to weddings and events it was quite obvious that there was something pretty special between them. And then one day… I got a phone call from Jake saying he wanted to propose and he asked if I could be there. What a special and memorable day that was!! Their recount of the day is so, so sweet! You can read about their engagement here.
Jacob and Stephanie – you know that I adore you both and am so grateful to have been part of such an important day in your lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Your day was a perfect representation of your love for one another and also the love that others have for you!
Enjoy this preview.
MEET THE NEWLYWEDS: Jacob and Stephanie WEDDING DATE: June 6, 2015 LOCATION: Berne Evangelical Church and the Amstutz Residence HOW THEY MET: The couple met in the summer of 2010 when they were both camp counselors at a day camp at Ball State Univ. Stephanie knew right then and there that Jake was going to be the funny man of the camp counselors. They grew closer as the summer went on and they got to spend essentially every day together. They finally went on a date to see Despicable Me and it’s been history ever since. ENGAGEMENT: December 24, 2013. This was such a special proposal. You can see pictures from the very moment it happened and read about what was going through their minds here. SOMETHING OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE: Old: For Christmas Stephanie’s sister surprised her by giving her a very special gift. She gave Steph the very last photo of she and her father. For wedding day Stephanie placed into a small picture frame and hung it from her bouquet. New: Wedding Dress. Borrowed: Steph’s best friend/bridesmaid/old roommate: Emily Bishop’s earrings. Blue: Blue toenails with the nail polish name of “To Infinity and Blue-yond) and her bridesmaids. FIRST DANCE SONG: My, My love by Josh Radon FAVORITE WEDDING MEMORIES: In Stephanie’s words. “Favorite wedding memories at least for me was our first look. It was so nerve racking to see Jake nervous because if you know him like me he does not get nervous, so to see him so nervous was very new to me but it was a moment I will cherish forever. Also another one was dancing with my father in law for the father-daughter dance. My father is now in heaven for the past 10 years and this was a special time for me to remember him and a chance to show my father in law how honored I am to have him as my new father. And of course riding off in the awesome VW bus! HONEYMOON: Rivera Maya, Mexico
The bride and groom would like to give a shout out to the following people.
- Edelweiss – They did an amazing job on all of the flowers at our wedding. Everything looked so beautiful!
- Tyler Gator – for making our video which I know is going to be awesome!
- Eric Nunez – for making the music flow so well that the dance floor was never empty!
- A huge shout out to our family friends who worked so hard to help our day be so special (Lori, Rich and Brandon Rhoades, Angie Richert, Julie Baumer, Sheri Litwiller, Jeni Hirshey, Kelly Moser, Lupe Nunez, and most of all Dean and Susie Amstutz)
- Rich Rhoades – for making the pulled pork
- Angie Ifer – for making our cake
- Jamie and Sherri at Elegance on Main for making Stephanie look great on wedding day
- And of course you Amy for capturing the best day of our lives.